Use the prayer reflections below to seed your prayer for persecuted Christians.
Passion Prayer for and with Persecuted Christians
Pray with fellow Christians from all over the world
36-hour Worldwide Webcast with Global Guests and Prayer Leaders
Sundown in Jerusalem on April 18 to Sunrise in Jerusalem April 20
Pop in and out for prayer as you are able
Beginning Holy Thursday, Apr. 18 at 7 p.m in Jerusalem* and continuing non-stop until 7 a.m. in Jerusalem on Holy Saturday, prayer hosts from all over the world will be online at the Zoom link below praying for Persecuted Christians.
We have hosts from the USA, Australia, Japan, Ghana, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Kuwait, Nigeria and other locales who will be leading prayer at different times throughout the prayer campaign. You are invited to link in as often as you are able to pray with these global prayer leaders.
JOIN THE WEBCAST at anytime during the event. Prayer will be continuous, with the exception of one small required stop down at the 24-hour mark. Pop-in and pop-out as you are able to join in prayer.
Join Zoom Meeting
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,495984426# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 720 707 2699 US
Meeting ID: 495 984 426
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acApIDK0nV
Daily Prayers for the Persecuted
Partner up for prayer
Link Up with the persecuted
Link up to pray with Christians ‘out there’ who face the uncertainty of living under threat of violent discrimination. Save the Persecuted Christians will help to make the connection.
Pray with us on Good Friday
PASSION PRAYER 2019
THE GLOBAL CHURCH PRAYS
Scriptures for Prayer time
HOW TO SPEND 1 HOUR IN PRAYER
LINK to WEBCAST at: SaveThePersecutedChristians.org/Passion-Prayer/
- FOCUS ON THE PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS IN A NATION FROM OPEN DOORS USA WORLD WATCH LIST
- WORSHIP GOD IN SONGS
- READ SUGGESTED BIBLE PASSAGE OUT ALOUD
- WORSHIP GOD IN SONGS AROUND THE PASSAGE OF SCRIPTURES
- REPENT FOR WHATEVER SINS MIGHT BE IN YOUR LIFE AND IN THE LIFE OF THOSE YOU ARE PRAYING FOR
- PRAY FOR GOD’S INTERVENTION ON BEHALF OF PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS CHOOSING A NATION FROM WORLD WATCH LIST 2019
- WORSHIP GOD SOME MORE
- END THE PRAYER TIME WITH THANKSGIVING
1. 2 Cor 1:5 For so as the sufferings of Christ are ours in abundance, so also, our comfort is abundant through Christ
Prayer: We own the suffering of your people oh God but acknowledge more, the abundant comfort of Christ
2. 2 Cor 1:8-10 For we do not want you to be unaware, brethren, of our affliction which came to us in Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of life; 9. indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves so that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead; 10.who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us,
Prayer: Oh Lord do remember the burden and the pain of those who are suffering Today. Deliver them from the perils of death in Jesus name.
3. 2 Cor 1:3, 4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4. who comforts us in all our affliction so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
Prayer: Father of all comfort, comfort your children in their affliction. Send comfort to the AFFLICTED CHILDREN IN JESUS NAME
4. 2 Cor. 1:8-10 For we do not want you to be unaware, brethren, of our affliction which came to us in Asia, that we were burdened excessively, beyond our strength, so that we despaired even of life; 9. indeed, we had the sentence of death within ourselves so that we would not trust in ourselves, but in God who raises the dead; 10. who delivered us from so great a peril of death, and will deliver us, [fn]He on whom we have set our hope. And He will yet deliver us,
Prayer: Lord, Please Deliver Your Children Facing Death.
5. 1 Peter 1:3-4 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you,
Prayer: Remind us always of our indestructible inheritance
6. 1 Peter 1: 6,7 In this ( protection by the power of God through faith vs 5) you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, 7 so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ;
Prayer: Lord, Cause the suffering of your Persecuted children to result in Praise and Glory
7. 1 Peter 1:13 Prepare your minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.
Prayer: Lord Help your Persecuted Children to Fix their hope Completely on your grace
8. 1 Peter 1:18 knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, 19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
Prayer: Lord, let the knowledge of the riches of Redemption come alive in your Persecuted Children
9. 1 Peter 2: 4,5 Knowing that you were not redeemed with perishable things like silver or gold from your futile way of life inherited from your forefathers, 19 but with precious blood, as of a lamb unblemished and spotless, the blood of Christ.
Prayer: Lord, remind us about the Lamb, who died so we can live – ETERNALLY
10. 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God’s own possession, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
Prayer: Lord, remind your children in the tough places that the have been CHOSEN.
11. 1 Peter 2:20 But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God.
Prayer: Lord, teach your Persecuted Christians Holy Endurance
12. 1 Peter 3:14 But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed.
Prayer: Lord, remind your Persecuted Christians that they are blessed.
13. 1 Peter 3:15,16 but sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence; 16 and keep a good conscience so that in the thing in which you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.
Prayer: Lord, make your Persecuted Christian an Example of Divine Excellence
14. 1 Peter 4: 7-10 be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer. 8 Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 9 Be hospitable to one another without complaint. 10 As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.
Prayer: Lord, it is difficult to keep sound judgement in the face of pain. Help your Persecuted Christians to do just this.
15. 1 Peter 4:12,13 Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; 13 but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation.
Prayer: Lord, remind us that we are sharing the suffering of Christ when we face Persecution
16. 1 Peter 4: 14-16 If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 15 Make sure that none of you suffers as a murderer, or thief, or evildoer, or a troublesome meddler; 16 but if anyone suffers as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.
Prayer: Lord, teach us to glorify God in the midst of Persecution
17. 1 Peter 5:8,9 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world.
Prayer: Lord, when we need to resist the enemy, teach us to do so in a firm way
18. 1Peter 5:10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
Prayer: Lord, perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish all your Persecuted Christians
19. Matthew 5:10-11 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when they revile and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely for My sake
Prayer: Lord, remind us of our great possession – your Holy Kingdom
20. Hebrews 13:1,3 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.
Prayer: Lord, we obey you today as we remember those in the prison of Persecution
21. Matthew 5:43,44 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven.
Prayer: Lord, it is tough but we choose to PRAY for our Persecutors
22. Hebrews 4:14-16 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,[a] Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Prayer: Lord, we come to you our Great High Priest, Help your Persecuted Christians Today!
23. Acts 4:29-31 Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness. 30 Stretch out your hand to heal and perform signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus. After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
Prayer: Lord, fill your Persecuted Christians anew with your Holy Spirit
24. Romans 8:35, 37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Prayer: Lord, keep your Persecuted Christians Steadfast in the face of difficult trials.
25. 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 We are experiencing all kinds of trouble, but we aren’t crushed. We are confused, but we aren’t depressed. 9 We are harassed, but we aren’t abandoned. We are knocked down, but we aren’t knocked out. 10 We always carry Jesus’ death around in our bodies so that Jesus’ life can also be seen in our bodies
Prayer: Lord, bring renewal in the midst of trial because of the Body of our Lord!
26. John 15:18-21 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20 Remember what I told you: ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’[a] If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the one who sent me.
Prayer: Lord, we praise you for this way of Holiness and your truth so beautifully revealed. We thank you for making us your Holy Partner in Persecution.
27. 2 Timothy 3:10-12 10 You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance, 11 persecutions, sufferings—what kinds of things happened to me in Antioch, Iconium and Lystra, the persecutions I endured. Yet the Lord rescued me from all of them. 12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted,
Prayer: Lord, thank you for the privilege of suffering for you.
28. Luke 6:22,23 Blessed are you when people hate you,when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. 23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.
Prayer: Lord, do not allow your Persecuted Christians to lose their rewards
29. Matthew 12:14, 17,18 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. 18 If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
Prayer: Lord, following your word, we bless those who Persecute us today in Jesus name
30. Hebrews 10:32-38 2 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. 33 Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34 You suffered along with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. 35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. 36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37 For, “In just a little while, he who is coming will come and will not delay.” 38 And, “But my righteous[b] one will live by faith.
Prayer: Lord, Help us Not to throw away our Confidence but rather to live by Faith.
31. 31. 2 Thessalonians 1:4-5 Therefore, among God’s churches we boast about your perseverance and faith in all the persecutions and trials you are enduring. 5 All this is evidence that God’s judgment is right, and as a result you will be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are suffering.
Prayer: Lord, Count your Persecuted Children Worthy of the Kingdom of God.
32. 2 Thessalonians 3: 1-3 As for other matters, brothers and sisters, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you. 2 And pray that we may be delivered from wicked and evil people, for not everyone has faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.
Prayer: Lord, Deliver your Persecuted Christians from Wicked and Evil People in Jesus Name.
33. 2 Corinthians 1:10-11 10 He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, 11 as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many.
Prayer: Lord, Deliver your Persecuted Christians from all deadly Perils in Jesus Name.
34. Luke 21:15-19 15 For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers and sisters, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17 Everyone will hate you because of me. 18 But not a hair of your head will perish. 19 Stand firm, and you will win life.
Prayer: Lord, Help your Persecuted Christians to Stand Firm and Win Life
35. 1 Corinthians 4:9-14 9 For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. 10 We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly.
Prayer: Lord, Make us like Christ in our response to Persecution.
36. Luke 21:12-14 “But before all this, they will seize you and persecute you. They will hand you over to synagogues and put you in prison, and you will be brought before kings and governors, and all on account of my name. 13 And so you will bear testimony to me. 14 But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves.
Prayer: Lord, Help your Children NOT to WORRY, in the face of Persecution; Help the,m to TESTIFY!