WEBINAR | Hong Kong: Crackdown on Christians
A STPC Webinar:
Crackdown on Christians
China’s Communist Party overlords are preparing to crackdown on Christians in Hong Kong. Recent articles published in CCP-controlled media have called out Catholic Cardinal Joseph Zen and Christian schools for promoting and supporting massive 2019-2020 extradition law protests.
After breaking international treaties and asserting authority over the democratic autonomous region, Communist China passed the brutal and totalitarian “National Security Law for Hong Kong”.
Now, one of the world’s foremost fearless Christian leaders has come under the microscope. What does this portend for the future of religious freedom in this desperate land? And, what does it portend for the whole world if Western leaders continue to cave to the rapacious demands of Communist China?
Host & Moderator:
- Dede Laugesen, Executive Director for Save the Persecuted Christians, and Executive Secretary for the Committee on the Present Danger: China
- The Honorable Sam Brownback, former U.S. Ambassador for International Religious Freedom
- Se Hoon Kim, Director of the Captive Nations Coalition for the Committee on the Present Danger: China
- Nina Shea, Senior Fellow & Director of the Center for Religious Freedom at the Hudson Institute
- Baggio Leung, former elected Member of the Hong Kong Legislative Council (LegCo)
- Benedict Rogers, Co-Founder and CEO of Hong Kong Watch, senior analyst for East Asia for CSW, and the co-founder and deputy chair of the U.K. Conservative Party Human Rights Commission